Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Who I am and What Is Important to Me

I want people to lead by example and be the change that we so desperately need in our world.  Mean people are my biggest fear in life. I would like to live what remains of my life with courage, a sense of humor and wisdom. I want to be me and not apologize for it. I would like to be understood, but I am learning that it's okay that I'm not. I will do almost anything to rescue a hurting person or animal. I think Mother Theresa said it best, "If you can't feed 100 hungry people, then feed just one". I love tradition, but long for adventure. The Texas Rangers are my very favorite team in sports. I wish all men behaved with the dignity of Tom Landry and Yoni Netenyahu. I wish I were a billionaire so I could give it all away. I think that kindness cost nothing, and wonder why it’s not more prevalent in our world. I believe that to sit idly by in the face of evil and ugliness is a good way to help it grow stronger. I love practical jokes and intelligent, dry humor. I like to think that heaven is a place where everyone can dunk from half court; all children are fed and at peace and the mentally challenged will lead the holy choir.  I think s’mores are best when the marshmallow is burnt. I still like to climb trees and hope that I am never too old to enjoy a nice hike in the woods. I think that it is never too early to learn how to be good stewards and wisely manage your money.  I stand tearfully for our National Anthem, even when I am home alone in my jammies. I love my country so much and feel so blessed to be an American. I am so incredibly thankful for the men and women who serve to protect goodness, humanity and freedom. I love Israel almost as much and admire, with awe, the way her people defend her and each other. My favorite sounds are the laughter of loved ones, home runs and rain. I think dogs make much better "Best Friends" than diamonds. I am obsessive compulsive about cleanliness by nature; however, sharing a home with 4 dogs and 2 cats put much needed dents in my very orderly life. I believe true friends defend you when you aren't able to defend yourself. My favorite colors are tangerines and yellows.  I think if you can't sing very well, you should sing louder to make up for it.  I think betrayals are sometimes more painful than deaths.  I think that hugs are essential and that moderate public displays of affection are nice. I love surprises. I wish our world were like a James Taylor song. I love professional baseball, golf, good food, being with loved ones, and being outdoors. I enjoy reading a good book in front of a nice warm fire, when it's cold outside. I think that the library is a great place to spend a rainy day. My favorite time of the year is spring. I don’t like Brussels Sprouts but love cabbage. My favorite smells are fresh bread, gardenias and puppy breath. Daisies are my favorite flower. I don't think flies really mean to be pesky. I think that life is too short to hold grudges and that forgiveness is the key to a healthy and happy life. I believe that when people show you who they really are, you should believe them (Thank You, Maya Angelou). I am learning that our circumstances don't define who we are, and that even during our darkest moments we can see the goodness of God at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment