Tuesday, July 4, 2017

PRAYER- Faith & Fear

Papa-

I know that "my eye is the lamp of my body. If my eyes are healthy, my whole body will be full of light; But, if my eyes are unhealthy, my whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within me is darkness, how great is the darkness. Can I, by worrying, add a single hour to my life?"
(Matthew 6)

My Grandmother was a worrier. My mother was a worrier. These were two women of faith who loved You with their whole hearts. Yet, they worried over everything and became hysterical over many things. I watched my mother struggle with this for all the time I knew her. I know that it comes from fear. and I know that fear comes from our enemy. I know that I cannot entertain both "FAITH" and "FEAR" simultaneously. I can only ask one or the other to sit down in my heart, and make them self at home there.

Please Father, help me with this family trait. I don't want fear in my life.

Please increase my faith and let it live in my heart, my home and in my life.

The Lord is my Shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
I will dwell in house of the Lord forever.
(Psalm 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment